Kenyan artists doing song collaborations with politicians is a worthy course!!!!

I am greatly interested in the way artists are delving deep into doing songs with politicians ahead of the general elections. It is not news to find this or that politician, however stiff or authoritative narrowing down his/her voice in order to merge that one of Size 8, Wahu, Sauti Soul, Kidum or name them. In fact, this reminds me of a couple of months ago when I was doing a gig for Kenya Methodist University at Nuru Palace in Nakuru town. I recall some guys from Nairobi Aviation College coming up on stage to do a song they claimed to have collaborated with Honourable Martha Karua. Pretty well, they sang and I was moving with the beat; up and down. Although,trying to figure out how Mheshimiwa Martha would fit in the fratenity of Afro haired rappers was an uphill task for me.
Anyway, Mheshimiwa Sonko has done his good one with one respected artist, whom I got greatly perturbed when he was interviewed with high levels of disrespect on KTN, with some rogue journalist who has since shifted to K24. I won't mention the artist neither the journalist, but the artist does dancehall and raggae.
But my worst story is the one of Jimmy Gait. He has gone far on this one I believe. Rushing for the nuts before the season has come - just to be there for a bumper harvest. I am saying all this because, I have not seen DK in this new song that I am meant to understand that no Club DJ is giving it airplay. However much I like the new one, I still feel that DK would have given us some touch in it. And I know there must be a misunderstanding somewhere between the two, which I wish not to touch on too.
The paramount rule should be, take your time before you think of piling some stacks of money from politicians. Just like Jaguar the Kigeugeu singer said,"... It is better to know the best politician that we can all support than to think of how much we can make by collaborating with them. The politician to unite us, lead us into peace and integrate harmony amongst our brothers and sisters.

P/S I just feel that Julie Gichuru should have squeezed in her Sunday Live thing just a little bit in the video the same way Jeff Koinange did with his bench. But Jeff must have gone over board. He chose to step on top than just seat on it at an angle; as usual. That bench is always tiny!!!
Have a good political choice and let us hear these unifying tunes right away!!!

Comments

Blogger said…
QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone daily.

Follow our signals today & gain up to 270% daily.